Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew found 10-1 Hexham winner KILDRUM on Thursday and picked up some place money with DEFI BLEU (40-1 5th) in the Kim Muir. He has four picks on Cheltenham Gold Cup Day (Friday, March 17th). Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
BRANDISOVA (system – Lucy Wadham, Fakenham)
This century, simply backing all Lucy Wadham-trained runners at Fakenham would have found 62 winners from 242 bets (25.6% strike-rate) for a profit of £55.50 to a £1 level stake at SP. BRANDISOVA, the first of her two runners today, broke her maiden tag with a narrow victory in a handicap hurdle at this venue in February and she has decent claims of landing her first chase success on her return to Norfolk.
PATH D’OROUX (system – Gavin Cromwell, first run in a handicap hurdle)
Gavin Cromwell does well when he pitches one of his horses into a handicap hurdle for the first time. Since the beginning of 2019, he’s scored with 15 of the 143 qualifiers for a profit of £48.25 to £1 level stake at SP. PATH D’OROUX scored a comfortable success in a six-runner novice hurdle at Navan on his last outing but has proven form in a big field/fast pace scenario, landing a 23-runner bumper and a 20-runner novice hurdle last year, and could be worth chancing when he makes his handicap debut in the County Hurdle.
ROYLE STEEL (system – Micky Hammond/Emma Smith-Chaston combination)
Emma Smith-Chaston has a fine record when riding for her boss Micky Hammond, scoring on 37 of her 214 mounts (17.3% strike-rate) for a profit of £76.85 to the usual £1 level stake at SP. Kildrum was a 10-1 winner for the column on this angle at Hexham yesterday and ROYLE STEEL, a close-up third in a Catterick handicap on his last outing, can keep the ball rolling.
RHYTHM N HOOVES (system – Archie Watson newcomers, all-weather, colts and geldings)
Archie Watson has an excellent 30 from 92 record (32.6% strike-rate) with colts or geldings making their racecourse debut on the all-weather and backing them blind would have returned a profit of £52.48 to a £1 level stake at SP. RHYTHM N HOOVES also qualifies as a bet for me on an owners angle, as The Cool Silk Partnership do very well with their debutants. Blindly backing all their runners on their first start would have found 14 winners from 79 bets and a healthy £62.38 profit to a £1 stake.
Bet £20 Get £60 In Free Bets
Bet £20 Get £60 In Free Bets
Close Learn More
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers opt in and stake £20+ on any sporting event at odds of 1.8 or greater before 17:30 17/03/23. Free bets non-withdrawable and 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet restrictions, exclusions and full T&Cs apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £20 & Get £60 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £60 in free bets after betting £20. Here are all the details:
- New customers aged 18 or over opt in and stake £20+ on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 4/5 (1.80).
- Promotion period is 09:00 GMT on 06/03/23 to 17:30 GMT on 17/03/23
- Each way, system/multiple bets, bet builder bets, free bets and profit boosts cannot be included for the qualifying bet.
- Once the qualifying bet settles 5x £10 and 2x £5 free bets will be awarded to your account as follows: 3 x £10 free bets must be used on bets with 4 or more selections. Each selection must be at odds of 1.2 (1/5) or greater; 2 x £5 Free bets on any horse race event; 1 x £10 Free bet on any US Masters Outright market; 1 x £10 Free bet on any of the following: Champions League, FA Cup, Europa League, Euro Conference League, English Premier Outright winner market.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.