Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew started the week with a winner and has four selections on Tuesday, March 14th, day one of the Cheltenham festival. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
THE BIG BREAKAWAY (system – left-handed preference)
THE BIG BREAKAWAY has lost all four starts on right-handed tracks, tasting defeat at odds of 2-9, 5-2, 3-1 and 17-2. He has a very consistent profile on left-handed tracks, recording form figures of 11413PF322 (3-10). His latest such run saw him finish a gallant second in the Welsh National – a race that is working out well – and with the recent rain very much in his favour he has each-way claims again.
MOTHILL (system – Neil Mulholland in Sedgefield handicaps)
Neil Mulholland has a great record with handicappers he takes to Sedgefield, scoring with 17 of the 48 qualifiers (35.4% strike-rate) for a profit of £31.93 to a £1 level stake at SP. MOTHILL hasn’t been seen since a respectable fourth in a handicap hurdle at Sandown in December but goes well when fresh, having scored at Fontwell and Chepstow last year returning from a break and could be about to strike.
CLIMATE PRECEDENT (system – Michael Bell, gelded since last run, handicaps only)
Since the beginning of 2010, Michael Bell has a 27 from 125 record with newly-gelded runners in handicap company (21.6% strike-rate) for a profit of £66.13 to a £1 level stake at SP. CLIMATE PRECEDENT makes his stable debut after leaving James Ferguson’s yard and could go well at the first time of asking for his new trainer. Oisin Murphy is a positive jockey booking.
ROYAL PARADE (system – Mick Appleby, stable switchers)
Mick Appleby has a 96 from 571 record (16.8%) record at the first time of asking with horses he takes over from other trainers and backing them blind would have returned a huge profit of £296.90 to a £1 level stake at SP. ROYAL PARADE might be able to score on his first outing since leaving John and Thady Gosden.
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Bet £10 Get £30 In Free Bets
Close Learn More
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers, opt-in and deposit within 7 days, and settle a £10 minimum bet at odds of 1.5 or greater, to be credited with 3x £10 free bets. Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with odds of 1.3 or greater, stake not returned. T&C’s Apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £20 & Get £60 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £60 in free bets after betting £20. Here are all the details:
- New customers aged 18 or over opt in and stake £20+ on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 4/5 (1.80).
- Promotion period is 09:00 GMT on 06/03/23 to 17:30 GMT on 17/03/23
- Each way, system/multiple bets, bet builder bets, free bets and profit boosts cannot be included for the qualifying bet.
- Once the qualifying bet settles 5x £10 and 2x £5 free bets will be awarded to your account as follows: 3 x £10 free bets must be used on bets with 4 or more selections. Each selection must be at odds of 1.2 (1/5) or greater; 2 x £5 Free bets on any horse race event; 1 x £10 Free bet on any US Masters Outright market; 1 x £10 Free bet on any of the following: Champions League, FA Cup, Europa League, Euro Conference League, English Premier Outright winner market.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.