Leading horse racing advisor Andrew Mount is a contributor to the Racing Post, Racing Post Weekender, Racing & Football Outlook and the GG.co.uk website. Andrew uses stats and systems to find value bets and shares his latest thoughts below.
Andrew started the week with a winner and has four Wednesday wagers for March 15th,including a couple of Ladies Day at the Cheltenham festival. Follow his tips this week and all year round on horse racing betting sites with the lowdown on his latest picks below:
SPORTING JOHN (system – Philip Hobbs-trained/J P McManus-owned, chase to hurdles switch)
SPORTING JOHN is a huge price after his 24-length fifth of seven in a 3m2f handicap chase at Doncaster last time but Philip Hobbs does well with JP McManus-owned runners reverting to hurdles from fences and he could surprise. This century, he’s won with seven of the 18 qualifies (including Sporting John on a previous occasion) for a profit of £17.24 to a £1 level stake at SP.
BEFORE MIDNIGHT (system – first-time cheekpieces, Midnight Legend)
Progeny of the sure Midnight Legend have a fine record when fitted with first-time cheekpieces, landing 25 of their 155 starts (16.1% strike-rate) for a profit of £41.33 to a £1 level stake at SP (expected winners only 16.62). BEFORE MIDNIGHT clocked a fast time when fourth in Malystic’s race at Doncaster on his latest outing and he won by six lengths on his only previous course outing.
GALTON (system – Antony Brittain, first-time visor)
Since the spring of 2016, Antony Brittain has a four from 21 record with his first-time visored runners for a profit of £34.50 to a £1 level stake at SP. That’s a small sample size but five of the beaten horses also made the frame and GALTON, not beaten far into third place at Southwell last time, could be worth an each-way interest from what looks a favourable high draw in stall 11.
EAST ASIA (system – Ian Williams, handicaps, March)
Ian Williams-trained handicappers tend to perform well in the month of March, landing 71 of their 388 starts since 2010 (prior to Tuesday’s evening card at Southwell where he had two qualifiers) for a profit of £63.04 to a £1 level stake at SP (expected winners only 53). EAST ASIA has been off the track since May but has gone well when fresh in the past and is bred to appreciate Kempton’s Polytrack.
Bet £20 Get £60 In Free Bets
Bet £20 Get £60 In Free Bets
Close Learn More
18+ BeGambleAware.org, T&Cs apply. New customers opt in and stake £20+ on any sporting event at odds of 1.8 or greater before 17:30 17/03/23. Free bets non-withdrawable and 7 day expiry. Qualifying bet restrictions, exclusions and full T&Cs apply.
RELATED – Horse racing NAP of the Day – See our free NAP bet today.
New Customers – Bet £20 & Get £60 in Free Bets with BetUK
Over at online bookie BetUK, there’s a neat new customer offer where punters can sign up and get £60 in free bets after betting £20. Here are all the details:
- New customers aged 18 or over opt in and stake £20+ on any sporting event.
- The minimum odds for a qualifying bet are 4/5 (1.80).
- Promotion period is 09:00 GMT on 06/03/23 to 17:30 GMT on 17/03/23
- Each way, system/multiple bets, bet builder bets, free bets and profit boosts cannot be included for the qualifying bet.
- Once the qualifying bet settles 5x £10 and 2x £5 free bets will be awarded to your account as follows: 3 x £10 free bets must be used on bets with 4 or more selections. Each selection must be at odds of 1.2 (1/5) or greater; 2 x £5 Free bets on any horse race event; 1 x £10 Free bet on any US Masters Outright market; 1 x £10 Free bet on any of the following: Champions League, FA Cup, Europa League, Euro Conference League, English Premier Outright winner market.
- Free bets must be used on 4 or more selections with selection odds of 1.3 (3/10) or greater.
- Void, cashed out, partially cashed out bets do not qualify.
- Each Way bets, system bets and profit boost are not permitted for qualifying bet.
- Free bets expire after 7 days of the qualifying bet settling, are non-withdrawable and not returned with winnings.
- Further terms and conditions apply.